- We paid for two child meals and two adults. I'm pretty sure Kirk and I ate enough to make the kids prices worth it. Alex ate enough to justify one adult meal. Adam ate enough to justify the entire tab.
- When Dylan eats free, I guess there's no reason why he shouldn't have three servings of ice cream.
- The trip can be considered a success if you take your kids home looking like you dipped them in the chocolate fountain.
- There are a lot of old people at the buffet. Thankfully, they seemed to think my chocolate-dipped children were adorable.
- There are also a lot of seriously overweight people at the buffet. It kind of made me wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg.
- To a first-grader who recently completed a science unit on coral reefs, the signage at Golden Corral is easily mistaken as Golden Coral.
- The dinner rolls are amazing. But you kind of have to stalk the bakery to get one, because they go really fast.
- The idea of seemingly self-cleaning plates really appeals to me. Just leave your dirty ones on the table, and they magically disappear while you're off dirtying another one. It's possibly the kids didn't notice the phenomenon.
After eating plenty of dessert, the kids were in various states of contentment.
Alex, having eaten more than his stomach could comfortably hold, opted to lie down at the base of the table for awhile.
Dylan, figuring there was little space left on his face for more chocolate, sat contentedly at the table.
And Adam went back for more spaghetti.