BOY TRAPPED

Where the inside of my mind leaks onto the screen.

Monday, April 9, 2012

[SAHM]

Having a day off work made me realize a few things I miss about being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM):

  • Lack of rush.  Yes, I still had lots to do today, but I had the ability to set and re-arrange my schedule as necessary.
  • Ability to say, "Alex, how was school today," right when school let out.
  • Non-existent dress code.  Here I sit in basketball shorts, a t-shirt, and no bra (sorry... tmi) with unbrushed hair.  And I'm lovin' it.
  • Mom-friends.  I chatted with one neighbor for a few minutes while she pulled weeds.  I, on the other hand, was finally getting around to putting clothes on Dylan, only because he went outside in just a diaper.  Then I sat on the porch swing with another neighbor as we watched our kids play in the backyard.  Yep.  I miss mom-friends.
  • A clean-ish house.  I had time today to do a couple of loads of laundry and even clean up the breakfast dishes.  Just ask Kirk; that most definitely does not happen every day.
But I'm not gonna lie.  Here are a few things I'm kinda grateful to not have to do every day:
  • Make lunch.  I don't know why, but this is the most bothersome of the meals my kids seem to think they need to eat.  And I'm happy to pay someone else to do this for me most days.
  • Dylan's nap.  It's a fight, and one I'm so willing to share.
  • Un-bored-ify the kids.  But honestly, I didn't even really do that today.  They are at a neighbors, jumping on the trampoline.
But with the gorgeous weather and the happy munchkin smiles, I'm glad that summer is just around the corner, and I'll get to play SAHM for awhile.  It's one of my favorite roles.

0 comments: